Now you can control your debit card wherever you go, through CardValet. CardValet is a mobile app that helps you protect your card against fraud and can help you control your spending.
Use the app to turn your debit card on and off, receive alerts when your debit card has been used, learn when your card has declined transactions associated with fraud, and set spending limits to keep your budget in check. Visit the Apple App store or Google Play store to download the app for free.
Introducing Chip Card Technology
Get big protection in a tiny chip
Beginning in Fall 2015, Visa® Credit Cards from 1st MidAmerica Credit Union will feature an embedded chip that improves security when you make purchases at a chip-enabled terminal. Members will receive these cards at their normal reissue date, or if the cards are replaced in instances of fraud, loss, or theft.
• Receive enhanced fraud protection with chip technology. This tiny chip protects you from fraud by creating a unique code for each chip transaction.
• Count on Visa’s Zero Liability policy. If your card is lost or stolen, you’re protected against unauthorized use.1
• Enjoy global acceptance. Whether you check out using chip technology or swipe your card, more places around the world now accept Visa credit cards.
To pay, just insert the chip end of your card with the chip facing up and leave your card in the terminal until prompted. Then simply sign for your purchase if necessary.
>> Click here for a demo and video on how to use the new chip cards.
1 Covers U.S.-issued cards only. Does not apply to ATM transactions, certain commercial card transactions, PIN or other transactions not processed by Visa. You must notify your financial institution immediately of any unauthorized use. For specific restrictions, limitations and other details, please consult your issuer.
With mobile money you can:
• View account balances
• View account transfers
• Transfer funds between accounts
• Pay bills & more
Here’s how to get started:
1. Log on to online banking.
2. Click Self Service Tab.
3. Click Mobile Banking (Mobile Money) link under additional services.
4. Mobile banking terms and conditions will appear. Once accepted click Continue.
5. Select Account to manage with mobile banking.
6. Enter the cellular number of the phone being registered for mobile banking.
7. Click Continue and the level of service from the mobile phone.
To watch a video on how to set-up and use mobile banking, visit our new tutorial center!
Based upon wireless network availability. You may be charged for services by your wireless carrier.
Visa Gift Cards
Save time on shopping for gifts when you pick up a Visa Gift Card at one of our branches. You can buy a Visa Gift Card in any amount from $10 to $500, and it’s better than a gift card from a specific merchant because the recipient can use it almost anywhere that Visa debit cards are accepted (some restrictions apply). You can choose from several designs. From graduations and birthday surprises to holiday gift giving, you can give the perfect gift every time with a Visa Gift Card.
15 – Selling Your Home
24 – Taxes: Defer, Manage, and Reduce
21 – Spring Clean your Finances
27 – Disaster Preparedness
18 – Improve your credit (Independence Branch)
24 – Retirement Income Planning
18 – ID Theft and Fraud (Independence Branch)
15 – Social Security
28 – Improve your credit
25 – Life Insurance
17 – Long Term Care
Day - Observed
||Friday, January 1
|Martin Luther King Day
||Monday, January 18
||Monday, February 15
||Monday, May 30
||Monday, July 4
||Monday, September 5
||Monday, October 10
||Friday, November 11
||Thursday, November 24
|Christmas Eve - Limited Hours
||Saturday, December 24
|Christmas Day, Observed
||Monday, December 26